Regular hand washing is one of the easiest and most important ways to help reduce the transmission of Coronavirus.
When should you wash your hands?
You should wash your hands:
- after using the toilet.
- before and after handling raw foods.
- before eating food.
- after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing.
- before and after treating a cut or wound.
- after touching animals, including pets, their food and after cleaning their cages.
- after touching door handles.
- if you have had to touch another person.
Washing your hands properly removes dirt, viruses and bacteria to stop them spreading to other people and objects, which can spread illnesses including Coronavirus.
It can help stop people picking up infections and spreading them to others.